The Belfry Theatre announces auditions for "It's a Wonderful Life."
One-day auditions for ages 12 and younger will begin at 3 p.m. and will end no later than 5 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 16.
Adult auditions will offer two nights of auditions: at 6 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 16, and at 6:30 p.m. Monday, Sept. 17.
Auditionees will be asked to read from the script. A read-ahead of audition sections of the script can be attained from the director in PDF format or available in a downloadable audition packet below.
There will be a total eight shows over three weekends, including Friday and Saturday performances at 8 p.m. Nov. 23, 24, 30, Dec. 1, 7, 8; and Sunday matinees at 2 p.m. Dec. 2 and 9. There could be additional Saturday matinees added during the run of the show. Call will be at least 90 minutes prior to show time.
Rehearsals will be announced, with increased rehearsal time closer to production. During the three-week run of the show, there could be brush-up rehearsals on Thursdays, Nov. 29 and Dec. 6. Any expected absences for rehearsals should be noted on the audition form. No absences are allowed during the run of the show, including the possible additional Saturday matinees.
During the first weekend of the show, cast is expected to participate in the Noblesville Christmas Parade, which is at 2 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 25. The Belfry annually has a parade entry with a trailer and hands out candy and show literature.
The play is being directed by Sam Brown. To reach this show's director, Sam Brown, email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
Director's synopsis of the play: “We follow the life of George Bailey, his dreams, his family, his disappointments. George contemplates suicide, but his guardian angle shows him how he impacted lives of those around him. A Christmas Classic, high on the list of best films ever made.
- George Bailey (Stage age 20 to 35 throughout show): a man with big dreams. He desires to get out of Bedford Falls and see the world before becoming an architect who builds the biggest bridges and buildings the world has ever seen.
- Mary (Stage age 18-33 throughout show): becomes George's wife. She has always been in love with him even since she was a little girl, and moves back to Bedford Falls in hopes that he will marry her, which they do.
- Mr. Potter (Stage age 55+): the richest man in town and his desire is to own every piece of land under the sun so that he can make more money from the people and gain more power.
- Clarence (Stage age 60+): a simple-minded angel who has yet to get his wings. He is sent from Heaven in order to stop George from taking his life during his lowest point.
- Uncle Billy (Stage age 55+): George's business partner - drunk and forgetful uncle.
- Mother Bailey (Stage age 40ish through 65ish throughout show): George’s sweet mother who is embittered without George’s existence.
- Pop (Stage age 40 to 55): George’s kindly father who runs the Bailey Building and Loan who dies of a stroke.
- Frankie (Could be male or female – adult): Executive angel concerned about George Bailey’s welfare.
- Jo (Could be male or female – adult): Frankie’s assistant angel.
- Young George Bailey (Stage age 11 to 12): Ambitious, energetic boy who works at the drugstore and does what is right.
- Violet (Stage age 25 to 35): Attractive, flirtatious woman who flirts with all the men in town.
- Harry Bailey (Stage age 19 to 34 throughout show): George’s younger brother who is a football all-American and WWII hero.
- Ernie Bishop (adult male): Cab driver and friend of George.
- Bert (adult male): Policeman and friend of George.
- Sam Wainwright (Stage age 20 to 35 throughout show): Successful businessman and investor.
- Children (Stage ages 6 to 12): Young Mary, Young Violet, Young Sam, Pete Bailey, Tommy Bailey, Janie Bailey, Zuzu Bailey.
All shows, auditions and rehearsals will take place at The Belfry Theatre, 10690 Greenfield Ave., Noblesville.
- It's a Wonderful Life Audition Packet (PDF Version)
- It's a Wonderful Life Audition Packet (Word Version)