Cast Announced for Marvin's Room
Hamilton County Theatre Guild announces the cast of Marvin's Room at The Belfry Theatre in Noblesville.
Marvin's Room by Scott McPherson is on stage March 20 - April 5, 2020.
Here's the cast:
- Bessie: Julie Brinson Dutcher of Plainfield
- Lee: Courtney Gray of Noblesville
- Ruth: Jean Adams of Indianapolis
- Hank: Logan Rayl of Noblesville
- Charlie: Lennon Hofer of Lapel
- Dr. Wally: Paul M. Haskin of Indianapolis
- Dr. Charlotte: Veronique Duprey of Lawrence
- Retirement Home Director: Becky Cavin of Westfield
- Bob/Marvin: Tim Moore of Indianapolis
Here's the production team:
- Director: Brent Ashley Wooldridge of Plainfield
- Producers: Caity Withers of Indianapolis and Bill Miller of Lapel
- Assistant Director: Diane Wilson of Carmel
- Stage Manager: Lauren Kloke of Indianapolis
- Props: Pam Jensen of Zionsville
- Costumer: Linda Findley Grow of McCordsville
- Set Design/Decoration: Ron Roessler of Indianapolis
- Lighting Design: Bill Miller of Lapel
- Sound Design: James H. Williams of Fishers
Show synopsis: Bessie, a strong-willed woman, takes care of her bedridden father and eccentric Aunt Ruth. After Bessie is diagnosed with leukemia, her estranged sister, Lee, comes to visit and to be tested as a possible bone marrow donor for her sister. The reunion between the sisters is initially uncomfortable, aggravated by the difficult behavior of Lee's two sons. The two women eventually confront their shortcomings as sisters, reach out to each, and arrive at an understanding about the importance of family. It may be considered a drama but Marvin's Room is both funny and touching in equal measure.
Show times are 8 p.m. March 20, 21, 27, 28, April 3 and 4; and 2 p.m. March 29 and April 5 at The Belfry Theatre, 10690 Greenfield Ave., Noblesville.
Tickets are $17 for adults, $14 ages 12 and younger and ages 65 and older. For reservations, call 317-773-1085 or go online at https://www.