Auditions Announced for Gilligan's Island: The Musical by Hope Juber and Laurence Juber
Auditions will be held on January 14 and 15, 7:00-9:00 p.m.
Directed by James H. Williams
Produced by Michael Lipphardt
Gilligan’s Island: The Musical is a family-friendly stage musical version of the ever popular and iconic 60’s TV comedy show “Gilligan’s Island”. Shipwrecked on a remote Pacific island, the seven castaways build huts and begin to explore their surroundings. They discover strange hieroglyphics in a spooky cave, which speak of an ancient legend. The weather gets rough, Gilligan foils the best-laid of the castaway’s rescue plans…romance develops…the castaways have an out-of-this-world encounter…it’s fun, wacky and entertaining with 18 original, tuneful and memorable songs.
Audition will be held on January 14 and 15 with callbacks on the 17th if needed form 7:00 – 9:00 PM. Auditions will be held at Noblesville United Methodist Church (door #1), 2051 Monument St, Noblesville, IN 46060. Those considering auditioning should be 18 years or older and need to be ready to start rehearsals the following week.
Show dates are as follows: March 29 – April 14, 2019, with possible added performances on Thursday April 4th and 11th, pending ticket sells.
- Gilligan – The Skippers 1st Mate – 1st Tenor (F – G flat)
- Skipper – The Captain of the USS Minnow – 1st Tenor (F – G flat)
- The Professor – College Science Professor – 2nd Tenor (G – G)
- Thurston Howell III – Successful Businessman -A Millionaire – Baritone (G – D)
- Lovey – Thurston’s Wife – Alto (A flat – E)
- Ginger – Well Know Hollywood Actress - Mezzo (G sharp – F)
- Maryann – Country Farm Girl – Soprano (G – G)
- The Alien – A male or female visitor from Outer Space – Baritone/Alto – (G – D)
You will be asked to prepare a show tune that will show off your vocal range for the character you’d like to be considered for. Please pick a passage of 16-32 measures long from a number that best shows your vocal range. Please be prepared to run vocal scales if needed.
Each auditioner will be asked to read from the script as well as being ready to learn a short dance routine.
For additional information contact the director at Gemini1969@gmail.com