One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest Audition Announcement
One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest
By Dale Wasserman
Based on the Novel by Ken Kesey
Directed by Jen Otterman
Winner of the 2001 Outer Critics Circle Award for Outstanding Revival
A criminal pleads insanity after getting into trouble again and once in the mental institution rebels against the oppressive nurse and rallies up the scared patients.
PG 13-One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest is rated PG-13. Some thematic elements and language might not be suitable for younger children.
Sunday, December 10 at 6:00 p.m. and Monday, December 11 at 7:00 p.m. Possible call backs December 12
The Belfry is located at 10690 Greenfield Ave., Noblesville, IN 46060
Friday and Saturday performances at 8:00 p.m. Feb 2, 3, 9, 10, 16, 17
Sunday matinee performances at 2:00 p.m. on Feb 11 and 18
There will be cold readings from the script.
You may complete your audition form before arriving. Please click here for the audition form
Those auditioning under 18 years of age must have parent sign consent form prior to auditions. Please click here for the audition form for minors and bring it with you to the audition
- CHIEF BROMDEN - Huge, bull-muscled Indian- a patient, 30s-50s (don't have to be Native American to audition)
- AIDE WARREN - staff 20-30 (could be man or woman)
- AIDE WILLIAMS - staff. 20-30 (could be man or woman)
- NURSE RATCHED - Handsome woman/40s- Head Nurse...seemingly warm and friendly
- NURSE FLINN - Vapid girl, 20s-nurse aide to Ratched
- DALE HARDING - a patient, college-educated and effeminate man, who is psychologically "castrated". Late 30s to early 40s.
- ELLIS-Patient-Acute turned to Chronic after receiving too much electroshock. Ellis stands in a posture of a crucifixion against the ward walls. NO LINES.
- BILLY BIBBIT - a 31-year-old man (looks young), dominated by his mother, unmarried virgin
- SCANLON - a patient, Belligerent, 50s
- CHESWICK - a patient, short, chubby and crew-cut, 40-50
- MARTINI - a patient-little Italian, eager and bright-eyed, 30-50
- RUCKLY - a patient--Schizophrenic- 30-50
- FREDERICKS and SEFELT- patients (Both are epileptics. Sefelt refuses to take his medicine because it causes his gums to rot and his teeth to fall out; Frederickson, on the other hand, takes double dosages. 30s-40s)
- COL. MATTERSON - A wheelchair-bound patient who raves continually in disconnected metaphors.
- RANDLE P. MCMURPHY - A manual laborer, gambler, carnival barker, Korean War hero with a dishonorable discharge, and con man admitted to the ward from Pendelton Prison Farm, diagnosed as a psychotic. Really not insane. 30s
- DR. SPIVEY - staid , scholarly Psychiatrist. 40s-50s
- AIDE TURKLE - staff Aide-20s to 30s
- CANDY STARR-prostitute from Portland with a "heart of gold." She is physically attractive and passive, 20s-30s
- SANDRA - Party girl, morally loose, 20s-30s, Candy's older and less-physically attractive friend; comes with her to the party on the ward.