Audition Announcement for A Christmas Cactus
Comedy, mystery and romance converge in this charming Dickens of a Christmas tale where goodwill and justice triumph.
Auditions will be held at the Belfry Theatre located at 10690 Greenfield Ave., Noblesville, IN 46060
Sunday, September 24 at 7:00 p.m. and Monday September 25 at 7:00 p.m.
Friday and Saturday performances at 8:00 p.m. November 17, 18, 24, 25; December 1, 2 with Sunday matinees on November 26 and December 3 at 2:00 p.m.
Please prepare a short monologue. There will be readings from the script.
Cast of Characters:
- Cactus O’Riley -- female private detective 20s – 40s attractive, cool and sophisticated; a Lauren Bacall type
- Fred Booker – secretary to Cactus 20s – 30s eager, ambitious, devoted to his mother
- Adelaide Booker – Fred’s mother 50s -- 60s, naïve and unwittingly funny; believes she is swept up in a Christmas murder mystery party
- Stuart Windsor – Deputy District Attorney 30s – 50s charming, sophisticated and attempting to impress Cactus
- Neville Smedley – 50s – 60s, an unduly convicted embezzler looking for justice; a somewhat Don Knotts type
- Ramon Ramirez -- 20s – 30s, very sincere, speaks with a Spanish accent, a Charles Dickens affectionado
Presented by special arrangement with SAMUEL FRENCH, INC.